As the year’s past, the photography world is also strengthening itself with the change in technology. Its poles continue to come with a better set of tools such as cameras and continuously come up with new methods and strategies to produce better photos.
Along with these changes is the emergence of modern photography methods, which enables man to reach and reclaim the beauty of unknown areas like the sea level. This is called “underwater photography.”
As the term suggests, underwater photography refers to the kind of photography that is done or taken underwater. This is most successful in the world of photography as underwater lovers such as divers and scuba divers because they can now take photographs under the sea and share it with others with the use of modern equipment that can be used as a bottom. It can work well.
Photo taking at sea
In addition to having a love and passion for water and creatures, reliable equipment such as an underwater camera is a critical factor for successful underwater photography. If you are a diver who is not so much into underwater photography, you can now buy disposable underwater cameras to take photos. But if you want to pursue a career in underwater photography, you will need very sophisticated tools and equipment.
The first thing you should consider is using the camera. In underwater photography, two types are commonly used: underwater or waterproof cameras, and housed cameras to protect inside cameras. Apart from the camera, you should also take time to research and find out what is the best lens, film, and flash that you can use during your shoot.
In addition to significant technology and equipment, you should also consider several environmental factors that will affect the quality of your underwater photographs, such as water depth and water transparency, available light, angle of sunlight over water, backscatter, And the magnifying effect of water.
Before you dive in and click that shutter button:
1. Right or at least ordinary diving skills. To be fully prepared for underwater shoots, underwater photographers must also have excellent driving skills to be comfortable taking photos.
2. An experienced underwater friend. This person can serve as your model and even help you carry your equipment and gear, hold downlights, and also share transient experiences.
3. Excellent management skills – in managing resources, that is. You must learn to manage critical resources such as dive time, body heat, air, battery life, and the like to tolerate physical strains underwater.
4. Reliable camera housing. If you do not have waterproof cameras, better seek out a stable camera housing so that you do not waste your investment.
5.Gain campaign skills. Since your photoshoot will involve exploring different places underwater, you will need a lot of talent to make the trip worthwhile.
6. Anticipate and expect better opportunities. Since Lady Luck does not smile at everyone, you must learn to prevent unavoidable situations by asking those who have tried underwater photography and learn from their experiences.
7. Take time to assess the weather. Overall, weather conditions, waves, and visibility significantly affect and affect your underwater shoot. Make sure you are prepared to face these problems unexpectedly during a shoot.